By Minwoo Park
GWACHEON, South Korea (Reuters) – Suspended South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol did not respond on Wednesday to a second call from anti-corruption authorities, who, along with prosecutors, are investigating his decree of the law short-lived military issued earlier this month.
Yoon had not appeared for questioning since 10 a.m. (0100 GMT) on Christmas Day, as requested by the Office of Corruption Investigation for Senior Officials, after ignoring their first summons last week.
An agency official said it would continue to wait for Yoon on Wednesday, adding that it would have to look into the case further before seeking an arrest warrant, Yonhap news agency reported.
Yoon also did not respond on Dec. 15 to a separate call from prosecutors investigating the martial law declaration, Yonhap said.
Yoon's repeated defiance of subpoenas and failure to be questioned have sparked criticism and calls from the opposition for his arrest, citing concerns about the possible destruction of evidence.
In a televised address on December 7, four days after martial law was declared, Yoon said he would not shirk legal and political responsibility for his actions.
Yoon was impeached by parliament on December 14 for his brief imposition of martial law and now faces a Constitutional Court trial on whether to remove him from office or restore his presidential powers.
Prosecutors, police and the corruption investigation office have all launched investigations into Yoon and other officials, seeking to pursue charges of sedition, abuse of office or other crimes.
Sedition is one of the few charges for which a South Korean president is not immune.
A lawyer advising Yoon has said he is willing to present his views in person during legal proceedings related to the declaration of martial law.