Blake Lively, Justin Baldoni.
Getty Images (2)UPDATE 12/31/21 11:30 PM ET:
Justin Baldoni was one of 10 plaintiffs who filed a $250 million lawsuit against New York Times after his reporting for costar Blake Lively after she sued him for sexual harassment. The plaintiffs of the lawsuit, which includes publicists Melissa Nathan AND Jennifer Abel as well as It ends with Us Manufacturer James Heath AND Steve Saraowitzclaims Lively pursued a “strategic and manipulative” smear campaign against Baldoni (rather than the other way around) and “cherry-picked” communications by omitting key details.
or New York Times the spokesman said us she stands by her story and plans to “vigorously defend against the lawsuit.”
Lively’s lawyers said us the lawsuit was based on a “manifestly false premise.” Baldon’s attorney continues to deny any wrongdoing on his client’s behalf, describing New York Times‘ article a “vicious smear campaign completely orchestrated by Blake Lively and her team” through a statement to To us.
That same day, Lively filed a lawsuit against Baldon in a New York court that mirrored her earlier claims filed in California.
UPDATE 12/21/24 at 10:30 a.m. ET:
TMZ reported in December that Lively sued Baldoni for sexual harassment and “serious emotional distress.” His lawyer, Bryan Freedmansaid in a statement to Us Weekly that the allegations are “completely false, outrageous and deliberately outrageous”. us I reached out to Lively’s rep for comment at the time.
The original story continues below:
It ends with Us it just came out in theaters, but Blake Lively AND Justin Baldoni The off-camera dynamic is what really gets fans talking.
Ahead of the opening on Friday, August 9, TikTok employees suspected there was a rift between the pair — partly related to the final cut of the film. Speculation of a feud first began swirling when fans noticed that Lively, 36, doesn’t follow Baldoni, 40, on Instagram, and neither does anyone else in the cast. (Lively is also a producer on the project, while Baldoni directed the film.)
Lively has been sharing a lot of promos for the movie with the cast Jenny Slate, Brandon Sklenar, Isabella Ferrer AND Alex Neustadter AND It ends with Us AUTHOR Colleen Hoover.
Baldoni, meanwhile, follows Lively on social media — and appeared on Hoover’s Instagram several times while filming the adaptation. Hoover, 44, is not currently pursuing Baldoni, hinting at a bigger clash.
Eagle-eyed fans also pointed out that Baldoni was conspicuously absent from joint press events for the film and there were no large photos of the cast from the New York City premiere.
Lively added fuel to the fire when she revealed that her husband, Ryan Reynoldswrote part of the ceiling scene in the film. She noted at the time that she and Reynolds, 47, often look to each other to help with various projects. Reynolds was later tapped to help promote the film by doing an interview with Sklenar.

According to The Hollywood ReporterLively then allegedly requested a cut of the film from the editor Shane Reid before the film was finalized. (Reid previously worked with Lively on Taylor Swiftthe “I Bet You Think About Me” music video, which she directed. He also worked as an editor at Reynolds’ Deadpool & Wolverine.)
The newspaper noted that it is unclear whether any of the clippings – were credited to the editors Oona Flaherty AND Robb Sullivan — was used in the final version.
Us Weekly has learned that it is not unusual for someone to order another version of the film as part of the editing process before the film is released in theaters.
In the case of Lively and Baldoni, the source noted, “All parties agreed on the final cut of the film and agreed that it was the best version of the film.”
Despite rumors of tension between Lively and Baldoni, who play Lily Bloom and Ryle Kincaid respectively, Baldoni has been singing Lively’s praises during his press tour. He also set his actor to direct the potential sequel, which would be based on Hoover’s It starts with Us novel.

“I think there are better people for that,” Baldoni said Fun Tonight on Tuesday, August 6, when asked if he would be pulling double duty again for the next possible installment.
He added, “I think Blake Lively is ready to direct. That’s what I think,” noting that he needed a “vacation” after starring in and directing the film.
Us Weekly has reached out to reps for Lively and Baldoni for comment.
It ends with Us now playing in the cinema.
If you or someone you know is experiencing domestic violence, please call the National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1-800-799-7233 for confidential support.
https://www.thehotline.org/