Israel blocked the entry of auxiliary cars in Gaza on Sunday as a patient situation over the ceasefire that has stopped in the past six weeks, and Hamas asked the Egyptian and Qataric mediators.
The office of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu previously said that the Messenger Donald Trump’s envoy, Steve Witkoff, had passed for a temporary ceasefire in Gaza for the Ramadan and the passah milling mills, hours after the first phase of the previously agreed ceasefire.
If there is an agreement, the ceasefire would stop until the end of the Ramadan fasting time around March 31 and the Jewish Passah holiday around April 20.
The ceasefire would be dependent on Hamas, which published half of the living and dead hostages on the first day, with the rest being published when an agreement is made with a permanent armistice.
Hamas says that she is obliged to the originally agreed ceasefire, which was planned for a second phase, whereby the negotiations are aimed at a permanent end of the war, and it rejected the idea of a temporary extension of the 42-day ceasefire.
On Friday, Egyptian sources said that the Israeli delegation in Cairo tried to extend the first phase by 42 days, while Hamas wanted to switch to the second phase of the Ceasefire deal. Hazem Qassem, spokesman for Hamas, said on Saturday that the group had rejected the “wording” of Israel to expand the first phase.
Many Palestinians marked the beginning of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan in the middle of the debris, where their houses were earlier than the first phase of the fragile ceasefire between Israel and Hamas ended on Saturday. According to Hamas, “no progress” was carried out in the second phase of the ceasefire. Read more: https://www.cbc.ca/1.7472338
In the first phase of the ceasefire, Hamas returned 33 Israeli hostages and five Thais in an unscheduled release to end around 2,000 Palestinian prisoners and prisoners from Israeli prisons and the withdrawal of the Israeli troops from some of their positions in Gaza in Gaza.
As part of the original agreement, the second phase should see the start of the negotiations on the publication of the remaining 59 hostages, the full retreat of Israeli troops from Gaza and a final end to the war.
However, the talks never started and Israel says that all of his hostages have to be returned to stop.
“Israel will not allow an armistice without the publication of our hostages,” said Netanyah’s office and announced that the entry of all goods and deliveries in the Gaza Strip would be stopped.
“If Hamas remains in its rejection, it will have additional consequences.”
Hamas condemned the step of Israel as a “extortion” and as a “obvious coup against the agreement”.
“We ask the mediators to put pressure on the profession, to fulfill its obligations from the agreement in all its phases,” it said, adding that the only way to get the hostages back is to keep the agreement and to start discussions for the second phase.
The high -ranking Hamas officer Sami Abu Zuhri commented on Reuters that the decision would influence the ceasefire talks and added his group “not on pressure”.
Big gap in the post -war administration of Gaza
At a press conference with his Croatian counterpart, Foreign Minister Israel, Gideon Saar said that the Palestinians in Gaza would not get any goods for free goods, and further negotiations should be associated with the publication of the hostages.
He said the United States “understand” Israel’s decision to stop the entry of goods in Gaza and to accuse Hamas for the current patient situation in the talks.
In Beit Hanoun Town in the northern Gaza strip, Medics said that a Palestinian was killed and someone else was wounded in Israeli drone fire. There was no immediate comment from Israel.
In the past six weeks, both sides have accused the other of violating the agreement. Despite repeated hiccups, it has remained during the exchange geisel constitutional company intended in the first phase.
On Saturday, the armed wing of Hamas released a video with Israeli hostages in Gaza in custody in Gaza and emphasized that the remaining hostages can only be freed by a swap deal, as it started in January in January.
However, there are broad gaps in the most important areas in relation to a permanent end of the war, including the form of a post -war administration of Gaza and the future for Hamas, which triggered the invasion of the Israel in Gaza with his attack on South Israel on October 7, 2023.
The attack killed 1,200 people in the worst one -day loss of life in the history of Israel and saw 251 people admitted as hostages in Gaza. Health officials in Gaza say that the Israeli campaign killed more than 48,000 Palestinians, almost all 2.3 million inhabitants replaced and gaza left a wasteland.
Israel insists that Hamas cannot play a role in the post-war future of the Gaza Strip and that its military and government structures have to be eliminated. It also refuses to bring the Palestinian authority to Gaza Strip, which is carried out three decades ago according to Oslo Agreement and the limited governance in the occupied West Bank.
Hamas said it would not insist on continuing to rule Gaza that it has been checking since 2007, but it would have to be consulted through future administration.
The topic was further confused by the proposal of US President Donald Trump to remove the Palestinian population from Gaza and to renovate the coastal slave as a ownership project under US property.